Substance Abuse


If you think you or a family member may have an alcohol or drug abuse problem, contact the following agency for information on programs and services in your area:

Macomb County Community Mental Health Access Center
Monday-Friday 8 am to 7:45 pm at (586) 948-0222
Collect calls accepted

All Medicaid recipients who currently reside in Macomb County are eligible for the Medicaid Substance Abuse Services Plan managed by Macomb County Community Mental Health / Office of Substance Abuse (MCOSA). Services covered or permitted under the plan are outpatient, intensive outpatient, Methadone assisted treatment and residential treatment services, including detoxification. Access Center can assist you in accessing Medicaid-covered substance abuse services.

Individuals with Adult Benefit Waiver (ABW) benefits are eligible for specific substance use disorder treatment services funded through MCOSA. These services include Outpatient, Intensive Outpatient and Methadone assisted treatment. For information on contracted treatment providers or assistance in determine which program may be right for you, contact Access Center for assistance.

Youth covered by MIChild can access outpatient and residential treatment services by contacting Access Center.

MCOSA subcontracts with a variety of licensed substance abuse agencies to provide specific substance abuse prevention and treatment services, to serve low income and uninsured individuals. Macomb County residents in need of substance use disorder outpatient, intensive outpatient, methadone assisted treatment, residential or sub-acute detoxification services may be eligible for MCOSA assisted funded if the individual has no other means to cover the cost of the service. You may contact MCOSA contracted providers directly for outpatient who will assist in determining if you qualify for funding assistance. Access Center can assist in determining eligibility for all covered services.

Everyone receiving substance abuse services has certain rights protected by the State. If individuals have questions or concerns regarding substance abuse services provided by the Medicaid, ABW, MIChild Plans and MCOSA assisted funding, they can contact MCOSA for more information, or to file a written or verbal complaint. Medicaid recipients also are entitled to request a Fair Hearing with the Michigan Department of Community Health.

Pregnant and parenting women are a PRIORITY for Admission to treatment services.